Deadline: 10 November 2012
Open to: Journalists and writers interested in the NGO sector from Macedonia and worldwide
Venue: Online at European Center SN7′s website
“NGO MAGAZINE” is an electronic magazine fully dedicated to the non-governmental sector of Macedonia and beyond. The co-founders of the magazine are European Center SN7 and the Center for Education and Development (CED). The primary purpose of the “NGO MAGAZINE” is media coverage of the non-governmental sector, facilitating communication between NGOs, stimulating young journalists and distributing information and news about the activities of various NGOs.
The editorial staff of the “NGO MAGAZINE” is interested in gathering together all possible external contributions (papers and articles) for the fifth issue of the magazine.
- The submitted papers/articles should preferably be from the areas of:
- The youth employment crisis (solutions)
- Strengthening the role of non-governmental organizations
- Team work and team building (definition and best practices)
- Challenges and opportunities of volunteer work
- Planning and writing a successful project proposal
- The effects of non-formal education
- Definition and concept of “Capacity Building”
- Civil society and environmental protection
- The role of the NGOs in promoting and protecting human rights/children’s rights
- Socio-economic development of the community
- Share your success story (possibly in the nongovernmental sector)
- Describe your organization (history, mission, vision, activities, news, etc.)
- Papers/articles should be up to 2 pages in Microsoft Word (Calibri 12, 1.5 lines spacing)
- Papers/articles should be original and not previously published
- Papers/articles should be written in English
The papers/articles should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with full contact details (e-mail, phone and postal address).
The deadline for sending the papers/articles is November 10, 2012.
The magazine’s editorial staff has the right not to publish certain papers/articles if they are against journalistic ethics or fail to meet the technical requirements. “NGO MAGAZINE” will be distributed in electronic form completely free of any charge and will not provide financial compensation for authors of the papers/articles.
European Center SN7 is a nongovernmental, non-profit and independent organization. Established in 2010, with headquarters in Tetovo, it works and operates throughout the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. The organization’s main objects are promoting European values in Macedonian society, youth development and leadership, developing local, regional and international cooperation, rule of law, respecting cultural differences, and developing programs for promoting education, among others.
Previous issues of the magazine can be found HERE.
The official call for articles is AVAILABLE HERE.
Our partner source: youth-in-action.org