A new training offer has been published in SALTO's European Training Calendar.
8-14 April 2013 | Turkey
This training course will encourage the development of a critical, democratic and European Citizenship and in doing so, supporting youth worker in the implementation of youth projects with a European Citizenship dimension.
Aim of the training course
The training course on European Citizenship aims to support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their critical understanding of European Citizenship, exploring and experiencing its potential and by enabling them to recognise and integrate European Citizenship in their youth work.
The training course puts into practice priority 1 (European Citizenship) of the Youth in Action programme, by aiming to:
- To critically explore the meaning, relevance and implications of European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions;
- To promote and facilitate the active use of programmes and structures in support of youth work on European Citizenship, including Youth in Action;
- To experiment and explore the potential of European Citizenship for active democratic change in society;
- To associate the participants with the current discourse on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions)
- To exemplify the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and ICL and the underlying values.
Further information on the content of the European Citizenship training courses can be found on the European Citizenship website at http://www.european-citizenship.org/courses/
The network of National Agencies for "Youth in Action" organises a series of ECTCs each year. You'll find an overview on the upcoming training courses at http://www.salto-youth.net/EuropeanCitizenship
For detailed information, please have a look at http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/goto-training/3116/