ENPI Cross-Border Cooperation programmes are taking part in European Cooperation Day, organising 42 events aimed at highlighting the everyday practical benefits of cooperation across borders.
European Cooperation Day is celebrated on September 21, but events are taking place all week. It celebrates Territorial Cooperation within the European Union and between the European Union states and its neighbours – a celebration of all the benefits Territorial Cooperation brings to the populations all over these vast territories.
Around 200 events this week celebrate European Cooperation Day, organisedby 72 programmes in almost 40 countries. Besides the fun, the events are an opportunity to discover all the improvements that local initiatives have brought to every aspect of daily life; from creating jobs, to improving health care services, and the protection of environment, transport or energy.
Events organised by ENPI CBC programmes include among others:
- traffic safety and sports events from the ENPI CBC Estonia-Latvia-Russia programme;
- exhibitions, fairs, festivals and conferences from the ENPI CBC Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine programme;
- a journalists' forum and open day event from the ENPI CBC Poland-Belarus-Ukraine programme;
- a showcase event from the ENPI CBC Black Sea Basin programme;
- an information cruise for local politicians and media, and exhibitions from the ENPI CBC South East Finland Russia programme;
- a projects open day from the ENPI CBC Romania-Ukraine-Republic of Moldova programme;
- a friendship football game from the ENPI CBC Kolarctic programme;
- a cross-border race from the ENPI CBC Latvia-Lithuania-Belarus programme;
- a festival and cooperation rally from the ENPI CBC Lithuania-Poland-Russia programme;
- open days and presentations from the ENPI CBC Karelia programme;
- the CousCous festival of cultural integration from the ENPI CBC Italy – Tunisia programme.
Cross-Border cooperation (CBC) is a key priority of the ENPI, seeking to reinforce cooperation between EU Member States and Partner Countries along the external EU borders. CBC aims to promote economic and social development in border areas. It strives to address common challenges, ensure efficient and secure borders and promote people-to-people cooperation.
Source: EU Neighbourhood Info