The Regional Monitoring and Capacity Building Unit organises the First Regional Conference of the Eastern Partnership Culture Programme to be held in Tbilisi on 08-09 October 2012.
The First Regional Conference will launch the debate on culture policies in the Eastern Partnership region and gather for the first time all stakeholders (public, private, civil society, independent) from the European Union and all six EaP countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The objectives of the Conference are:
- To present the Eastern Partnership Culture Programme, its regional dimension and its activities to a wider audience.
- To launch the regional dialogue between public and private stakeholders from the Eastern Partnership countries on cultural policies and strategies, involving governments and civil society.
- To present the findings of the analytical base-line studies undertaken by the experts of the Programme on the culture sector and on culture policies of the Eastern Partnership countries.
The conference will gather over 100 participants representing the public and private culture sector of the EaP countries including national authorities, civil society and cultural industries, as well as international organizations and culture actors from EU Member States.
The Conference debates will concentrate on two major topics:
- The strategic role of culture for social, human and economic development, and
- Process of change that culture policy reform and strategy development imply.
On the occasion of the Conference the six Country Reports and the Regional Report elaborated by the Regional Monitoring and Capacity Building Unite on the status and on trends of the culture sectors and on cultural policies will be presented to the conference participants; its results will be submitted for exchange and feedback to the audience of culture stakeholders.
Representatives of the six EaP countries will present their case studies illustrating the strategic role of culture or the process of change that policy reforms imply.
In addition, the 15 Projects funded under the Eastern Partnership Culture Programme will present themselves within the exhibition area during the Conference.
At the end of the Conference the participants will adopt a communiqué summarising the results of the Conference.
Journalists are invited to the press-conference to be held to summarise early results of the Eastern Partnership Culture Programme’s First Regional Conference. The press-conference will take place onTuesday, 09 October 2012, 14:30 – 15:30 in the Holiday Inn Hotel 1, 26 May Square, Tbilisi 0171.
Accreditation for journalists is required before 08 October 2012. For accreditation arrangements oradditional information please contact Ms. Elena Palivoda, Information and Communication Manager of the Regional Monitoring and Capacity Building Unit of the Eastern Partnership Culture Programme at +380 44 234 48 98; +380 44 235 79 98, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Please see the press-release for more details.
Press announcement EaP Culture Conference
- 250,5 Kb, DOC, Download
Our partner source: youth-in-action.org