New guidelines, aimed at boosting the fight against Islamophobia among young people, will be launched later today.
The ‘Guidelines for Educators on Countering Intolerance and Discrimination against Muslims’ are aimed at education professionals.
“If we manage to have more dialogue in the classroom then we are more likely to have peaceful communities,” says Yulia Pererva, one of the organisers of a multi-expert hearing this afteroon which will discuss the causes and impact of Islamophobia.
She adds: “We live in an interconnected world. Its not possible to have peace and security for one community at the expense of another.”
Podcast: Yulia Pererva on the fight against Islamophobia
- Information: Guidelines for educators on countering intolerance and discrimination against Muslims
- Podcast: Islamophobia In Europe
- Video: Intissar Kherigi – The constructed crisis of multi-culturalism
- Download: http://www.osce.org/odihr/84495
- Education on this issue: http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/education/edc/Resources/Guidelines_EN.asp