Deadline: 10 February, 2013
Open to: EVS mentors/tutors, EVS coordinators and volunteers from Austria, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom
Venue: Nizhny Novgorod region, Russian Federation, 21-28 April 2013
DARE TO BE CREATIVE!
Projektburo fur innovative Sozialpolitik (Austria) and Movement “SFERA” (Russia) invites you to Participate in 6-days advanced training course for EVS mentors “Dare to be creative” that will take place in Russia from 21-28 of April 2013. The aim of the training course is to encourage youth participation of youth from rural areas and disadvantage background through EVS projects by encouraging EVS mentors and providing them a set of techniques to support EVS volunteer’s learning process and integration to the local community.
We see youth participation as a driving force leading to democratic and inclusive society where EVS volunteers and EVS mentors play one of the key roles by bringing and sharing diverse experiences and moderating change transformation among local young people.
- To understand the diversity of local context; expectations of the host organization and EVS volunteer;
- To train the ability to see the development of EVS volunteer in perspective and to show him possible input to local community
- To discuss the Roles and tasks of EVS mentors in different countries and contexts
- To share about youth participation realities and to brainstorm on the role of EVS volunteer and mentor in social change and in supporting young people from rural areas and from disadvantage background
- To develop mentor’s competences needed to provide learning support to EVS volunteers;
- To deepen understating of the key competences and Youthpass process;
- To understand what is learning process and how to reflect on personal learning
- To identify potentials and dangers in EVS mentoring process;
- To share possible tools and methods for EVS mentoring;
- To find out creative approaches to mentorship
- To discuss the motivation aspects: what motivates us as mentors and how we can encourage volunteer
- To reflect on mentorship styles and approaches
- To discuss different levels of support for volunteers (before. during and after the project)
- To reflect on Intercultural competences
The training course is opened for EVS mentors/tutors, EVS coordinators and volunteers from Austria, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom
The international travel costs are covered 70%, the specific maximum amounts per country
Board, lodging, local transport, all materials and the content of the training course are covered 100%.
There is however a participation fee of EUR 60.
You are in charge of arranging your own insurance for your travel and stay in Russia.
Visa costs are not covered
How to Apply
Please send THIS FORM and a copy of your passport (in case if you need visa to Russia) to email@example.com until February 10th 2013.
Contact for questions
Phone: +7 831 43047 40