Eastern European Summer School has an interdisciplinary character and combines various topics related to Eastern Partnership and Black Sea Region countries. The methodology of the summer school will combine lectures, seminars as well as debates around the issues raised by the courses given by European and Georgian professors. Participants will have an opportunity to choose specific issues and write analytical articles published as a final booklet of the summer school.
• 20 years of Democratization in Eastern Europe: Mistakes and Achievements
• Political Institutions, Values and Ideological Ambivalences in Eastern Europe
• Post-Communist Populism and its Political Roots
• The Principals of Eastern Partnership: General Outline
• Citizenship, Democracy and Activism in Eastern Europe
• Youth and Political Participation in Post-Communist Space: Apathy and Alienation
• Political and Economic Transitions in Eastern Europe: Experimental Oasis?
• Inequalities, Social Injustice and Alienation in Post-Communist Space
• Conflicts in Eastern Europe: Societal Roots
• Freedoms without Opportunities: Neoliberal Transitions and Troubles of Eastern Europe
• New Paradigms of Cultural Hegemony and Class Domination in Eastern Europe
The working language of the school and the entire program will be in English; participants must be able to communicate freely in English.
The summer school starts on 1 August 2013 (arrival day) and ends on 10 August 2013 (departure day);
Who can participate
To be a successful scholarship candidates will need to demonstrate that their academic background and professional experience are somehow related to the issues connected with the developmet of the region. Applicants should also demonstrate that their personal qualities make them an appropriate representative of their respectful countries. 20 participants will be selected.
Fees and Payments
Accommodation, meals and tuition materials will be provided by organizers. Participants are required to pay just symbolic 50 Euros and cover their travel expenses.
Buses from Tbilisi to Bakuriani will be provided as well.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 12
Project is financed by: LEPL Children and Youth Development Fund (Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs of Georgia)
For additional information visit: here
Our partner source: youth-in-action.org