2-3, September, 2013
In October 2011, Baku hosted the first Forum of Association of Scholars of International Relations (ASIRS). More than 150 participants took place in the three day event, which focused on geopolitical issues of the Caspian region. The forum was organized by the Center for Strategic Studies, Ministry of Youth and Sports and in partnership with Khazar University, Qafqaz University, Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy and University of Languages, where panel sessions were held.
The 2nd Baku Forum of Association of Scholars of International Relations will be held on September 2-3, 2013. The program of the forum envisions discussions and debates among the participants in 6 main thematic panels
- South Caucasus Republics: 20 years after independence
- Geopolitical rivalry over Caucasus: myth or reality
- Energy Security: the contribution of the Caspian region to the global energy security
- Economies of Transition: Learning from success stories and challenges
- Regional protracted conflicts: searching for a way out of deadlock
- The South Caucasus region: at the Crossroads of Europe and Asia
Interested scholars should send their CVs, cover letters and 500 word abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2013. Accepted participants will be notified by July 30. The organizers plan to provide air flight and lodging to the accepted panelists.
The program will also feature presentations and master classes by prominent analysts from the region as well as key government officials. A cultural tour will be included into the last day of the program.
Our partner source: youth-in-action.org