The Eastern Partnership Youth Forum (EaP Youth Forum) will be held in Kaunas, Lithuania, on the 22nd -25th October in the context of Lithuania’s Presidency of the Council of the EU and the Eastern Partnership Platform 4 'Contacts between people'.
The event will be organised and hosted by the Agency of International Youth Cooperation - the Lithuanian National Agency of Youth in Action Programme - in cooperation with the European Commission in the framework of the Eastern Partnership Platform 4 'Contacts between people', the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania and other stakeholders.
The Eastern Partnership Youth Forum aims to:
- enhance the recognition of youth work and non-formal learning especially in the context of social inclusion, building on the synergies between international, national, regional and local levels;
- raise the quality and visibility of non-formal learning and youth work at the local level and foster exchange of good practice of youth work between Eastern Partnership and Youth in Action Programme countries ;
- showcase current youth cooperation within the framework of the Youth in Action Programme's Eastern Partnership Youth Window and explore opportunities offered by the future EU programme for education, training, youth and sport.
The detailed description and programme of the EaP Youth Forum is attached to this invitation and available on the following website www.youthforum2013.eu
The Eastern Partnership Youth Forum aims to bring together about 200 young people and youth experts with experience in youth and/or youth related areas to set the ground for a viable, continuous and structured dialogue and cross-sectoral cooperation.
Stakeholders are invited to participate in the Eastern Partnership Youth Forum in evidence based discussions and mutual learning and the qualitative development of non-formal education/learning and youth work.
Representatives/participants from Youth in Action Programme and Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) should have one of the following profiles:
- Young people active in youth organisations at local level;
- Youth workers;
- Youth researchers;
- Youth policy/decision makers at international, national, regional and levels with an interest in local youth policy.
As the event puts an emphasis on the quality, visibility and transferability of non-formal education, representatives with the following background are also invited to apply:
- Business organisations interested in non-formal education/learning and youth work;
- Formal education institutions interested in non-formal education/learning and youth work.
Priority will be given to participants with relevant experience in youth work, youth research or youth policy and who contribute to the content and quality of non-formal education in their local realities.
The programme of the Forum is designed to strengthen local strategies/plans of non-formal education/learning and youth work in the context of cooperation between Eastern Partnership and Youth in Action Programme countries.
Participants should be able to communicate in English. Interpretation from English to Russian and from Russian to English will be provided in the plenary sessions. Linguistic support will be provided in the working groups.
How to register?
Representatives/participants from Youth in Action Programme and Eastern Partnership countries should apply by completing the application form.
Participants from Youth in Action Programme countries (28 Member States of the EU, Turkey, which is a candidate for accession to the EU, and EFTA countries Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland) should contact their Youth in Action National Agencies before applying to make sure that the Agencies are involved and will cover their travel costs.
The selection process will be conducted by the organisers and representatives of the National Agencies of Youth in Action Programme. The selection is needed to ensure the right number of participants and to form a targeted and motivated group.
Deadline: 5 September 2013
All further information: http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/the-eastern-partnership-youth-forum.3647/
Application form and files to download: http://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/training/the-eastern-partnership-youth-forum.3647/