- University level students (MA and PhD) are invited to participate in the 1st FDC annual dialogue essay competition sponsored by Swiss based Foundation for Dialogue Among Civilisations (FDC), which is in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
- The mission of the FDC annual dialogue essay competition is to encourage the University level students as emerging writers, scholars, public servants and future practitioners to promote dialogue/dialogical approach for solving national and international conflicts.
Deadline: 1 March 2014
University level students (MA and PhD) from all over the world are welcomed to compete in writing of an essay in which, they have to provide rationale and advices for political leaders and respective societies on how dialogue/dialogical approach could be used to accomplish one of the following aims:
- To solve a specific national or international conflict
- For conflict analysis and prevention
- For mediation and conflict resolution
- For post conflict peace and stability operations
- For religion and peacekeeping
- For preventing conflict and enhancing peace and harmony among different races, nationalities and believers who are residing in a multicultural society
the competition is open to the University level students (MA and PhD) enrolled for academic year 2013-2014. Submissions can include papers submitted for a related course in the University or pieces written specifically for the competition. Essays must be the work of the submitting student without substantial editorial input from others. Co-authored papers are ineligible. Only one essay may be submitted per entrant.
- First placewinner will receive $5,000 cash.
- Second and third placewinner each will receive a $2,500 Cash
Full information (PDF): http://wpfdc.org
Our partner source: youth-in-action.org