In order to support the current trend of the CoE and European Commission within research segment and youth, we provide some useful information on some opportunities for its development in the field of junior researchers. This opportunity has an extra option -- a limited number of travel and accommodation support grants to junior scholars (PhD students or post-doc researchers who obtained their PhD in 2011 or later).
LEI & BRICK
(University of Torino – Collegio Carlo Alberto)
CALL FOR PAPERS: THE ORGANISATION, ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
LEI & BRICK with financial support from the Collegio Carlo Alberto are organising their annual workshop on “The Organisation, Economics and Policy of Scientific Research” on 22-23 May, 2014 at Collegio Carlo Alberto in Moncalieri (Torino, Italy).
The aim of the workshop is to bring together a small group of scholars interested in the analysis of the production and diffusion of scientific research from an economics, historical, organizational, and policy perspective.
Call for papers
As in previous years, we aim to attract contributions from both junior and senior scholars; a minimum number of slots are reserved for junior researchers (PhD students or postdoc scholars who obtained their PhD in 2011 or later).
Up to 24 papers will be selected from open submissions on the basis of peer review.
The workshop aims at including papers form various streams of research developed in recent years in and around the area of public and private scientific research. Contributions are invited on (but not limited to) one or more of the following topics:
- Organisation of research activities
- Public and private funding of academic research
- Role of gender and family in scientific research
- Science research networks and collaboration
- Scientific careers & mobility
- Scientific knowledge production
- Teaching and research interaction
The workshop is organised as part of the Collegio Carlo Alberto research project on researcher mobility and scientific performance and contributions to the topic are particularly welcome.
- 31st January 2014. Deadline for submission
- 14th March 2014. Notification of acceptance
- 1st May 2014. Deadline for submission of full papers
Deadline for the submission of full papers is January 31st 2014. To submit your paper and for further information contact: Cornelia Lawson ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Participation and expenses:
Workshop participation is free for one author per selected paper and includes local transport and catering during the event. For those attending the workshop without presenting a paper, a registration fee of €150 is charged, which includes access to the conference and the dinner.
We are offering a limited number of travel and accommodation support grants to junior scholars (PhD students or post-doc researchers who obtained their PhD in 2011 or later). To be considered for such grants, please state your intention and your eligibility when submitting your paper.
Best Junior Scholar Paper
During the Workshop, a Special Mention and a Prize of 400€ will be awarded to the Best Junior Scholar Paper. Eligible papers are works of one or more junior scholars (PhD students or scholars who obtained their PhD in 2011 or later), with no co-authorship by senior scholars. Authors wishing to compete for the Best Junior Scholar Paper, have to state their intention and fulfilment of eligibility criteria when submitting their paper.
- Cristiano Antonelli (University of Torino, Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
- Michele Cincera (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Paul David (Stanford University)
- Aldo Geuna (University of Torino; Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
- Marco Guerzoni (University of Torino; Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
- Cornelia Lawson (Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto; University of Nottingham)
- Jacques Mairesse (CREST-INSEE, Paris; UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University)
- Fabio Montobbio (University of Torino; Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto; Bocconi University)
- Pier Paolo Patrucco (University of Torino; Brick-Collegio Carlo Alberto)
- Paula Stephan (Georgia State University; NBER)
- Reinhilde Veugelers (KU Leuven; CEPR, London)
- John Walsh (Georgia Institute of Technology)