The European Commission has launched a Call for Proposals for a programme for "Support to Cultural Diversity and Creativity in Egypt" with a budget of €1,500,000. The reference of the Call is EuropeAid/135-284/L/ACT/EG.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to provide better grounds for the development of the cultural sector in Egypt and the promotion of cultural diversity in the country. The specific objectives are to:
• Contribute to provide increased access to culture all over Egypt
• Support artistic and cultural education
• Support capacity building and structuring of the cultural and creative sectors in order to enhance its socio-economic impact and to improve the sustainability of operators/ organisations and the professionalism of actors in the cultural and creative sectors
• Protect and promote the diversity of the cultural expressions at local, national and international levels
• Reaffirm the importance of the link between culture and development in Egypt in line with the importance of culture and its contribution to the development process and to the efforts made in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals
The call for proposals is divided into two lots, corresponding to the Programme specific objectives: