Youth Club 'Social Diplomacy' (non-profit group/others)
YCSD was founded in April 2009 by a group of volunteers who have experience in the field of Political Science, worked in different academic institutions (Russian Academy of Sciences, Southern Federal University, etc), also participated in a scope of international and inter-regional training courses, projects, conferences on international studies, intercultural and inter-faith dialogue, intercultural learning; have strong experience in international mobility (Marie Curie, Erasmus Mundus, EVS, Youth in Action, Research grants of the Russian Federation, UN Alliance of Civilizations, etc). The special focus is on extremism among youngsters (primarily, the Northern Caucasus area).
Aims of YCSD:
- promotion of the intercultural dialogue and intercultural learning;
- enhancement the right for mobility as fundamental human right and as a tool for personal development;
- promotion of active citizenship, in particular among citizens who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing social or political marginalization;
- promotion of local and international volunteering as tool for social action and equality;
- research of the current socio-political and economic situation in the southern part of Russia;
- promotion of peace, methods for mutual understanding in vulnerable areas affected by conflicts and violence, as well as intercultural dialogue.
The organisation is founded by volunteers. We do not follow any commercial aim and targeted on the informational awareness among young active leaders of the Russian Federation and its neighboring countries.
Do not hesitate to contact us: info [at] social-diplomacy.org